Charter Schools USA is one of the nation’s largest providers of charter school management services in the United States and a leader in the development and design of charter schools. As its mission states, “CSUSA creates and operates high quality schools with: an unwavering dedication to student success, an unyielding commitment to ethical, sound and efficient business practices, providing a superior choice for all stakeholders that fosters education excellence in America.”
With the Charter Schools USA Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum as its core, the Charter Schools USA Educational Model provides the process for improving student learning and academic achievement. Our Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum is aligned to specific state standards and grade-level expectations and is the framework of what is taught at each grade level. Timely and specific feedback based upon formative assessments of student performance on grade level expectations is given to establish individualized goals for all students and to modify instruction to meet students’ learning needs.
The six steps included in the Model are:
- Baseline assessment
- Data-driven instruction
A network of administrators, teachers, parents, students and the Charter Schools USA Education Team supports each transition to the next step.
The Charter Schools USA solution includes five equally critical and mutually reinforcing educational goals:
- Students will demonstrate academic improvement and success by either meeting high standards or making annual learning gains as defined by the Florida A+ Plan. Making annual learning gains can be measured in the following ways:
- Improve achievement levels from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, or 4-5; or
- Meet high standards in level 3, 4, or 5
- Maintain within the relatively high levels of 3, 4, or 5; or
- Demonstrate more than one year’s growth within achievement levels 1 or 2 as indicated by the developmental scale score of the FCAT, or by meeting the state requirement for proficiency on the NRT.
- Every Charter Schools USA-managed school will make adequate progress with the lowest 25% in reading as defined by the Florida A+ Plan.
- Every Charter Schools USA-managed school will improve writing performance by 1% or maintain a minimum of 90% proficiency as required by No Child Left Behind (NCLB). Proficiency is defined as receiving a 3.5 or higher on the FCAT Writes.
- The goal of NCLB is to achieve 100 percent student-proficiency by 2013-2014. Florida has set intermediate goals for reading and mathematics for all schools and all students across grade levels in order to reach 100 percent proficiency by the end of the 2013-14 academic year. Charter Schools USA’s educational model ensures that every effort is made to meet Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) or that ‘safe harbor’ criteria is met, as defined by No Child Left Behind. For the school year 2005-2006, AYP criteria is projected by the State at 53% scoring at or above a level 3 in FCAT Mathematics and 48% scoring at or above a level 3 in FCAT Reading.
- FCAT Science measures achievement in science for Florida students by assessing student progress on benchmarks identified in the Florida Standards.
We wanted to provide you with information regarding the availability and process for students to take virtual courses at our school. As a school of choice, we understand how important it is for us to provide a variety of curriculum and instructional options for our students. As such, we have integrated our own virtual courses into our curriculum that will be monitored and supported at our school center, by our own teachers. These “on-site” virtual courses are all state approved and will provide our students with multiple course options and direct support and monitoring by our teachers. All virtual courses are fully and completely part of our school’s educational program.
A complete list of virtual courses that we offer is available in the main office. These virtual courses will become part of our curriculum and instructional offerings for our students and families who have selected us as a school of choice. Since each course, traditional and virtual alike, are uniquely incorporated into our proven curriculum, virtual options are limited to our extensive list of courses. If you have any questions regarding virtual course offerings, you may contact us by calling the school.
We thank you for choosing us as your school of choice, and look forward to an incredible school year!